Buttery Soft Crescent Rolls (Breadmaker)
(courtesy of www.recipezaar.com, #236658)
2 hours prep, 16 rolls
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup warm milk
1/3 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
1/4 cup butter, melted
- Place ingredients into bread maker in order recommended by manufacturer: water, milk, egg, 1/3 cup butter, sugar, salt, flour and yeast. Reserve additional butter (1/4 cup) for later.
- Select dough/knead cycle and start. This cycle should mix dough and allow it to rise for 1 hour.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and roll into a circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Brush with additional butter.
- Cut into 16 pie shaped wedges. Roll wedges starting with wide end into crescent shapes.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet and allow to rise for an additional hour.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees F o until golden brown.
For the non- bread machine version of this recipe, click here.