(recipe courtesy of GoodMorningGirls.orghttp://www.goodmorninggirls.org/ Advent E-book)
What you need:
- 24 oz white chocolate chips
- 24 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 boxes of candy canes
- cookie sheet
- parchment paper, enough to cover cookie sheet
What you do:
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave for 60 seconds, stir and repeat for an additional 60 seconds. (This took me more than two rounds in the microwave. This melting, incidentally, could be done in a double boiler if you have one and would prefer that.)
- Place parchment paper on top of the cookie sheet and spread melted chocolate over top.
- Place in refrigerator until set and hardened (approximately 20 minutes).
- Melt white chocolate chips the same way.
- Unwrap candy canes and place in a large Ziploc bag and crush with a mallet. (I used a rolling pin, worked fine.)
- Place 1 cup of crushed candy canes into the melted white chocolate.
- Pour white chocolate over the top of the hardened dark chocolate and sprinkle with the left over crushed candy canes. (This step is tricky in that the dark chocolate wants to melt if you spread the white chocolate mixture around with a spatula.)
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours until well set and hardened.
- Take out and break into pieces. Enjoy!
This post is shared on the following blog hops: